Z-Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides outstanding benefits including medical, dental, life, vision, and long-term disability insurance, not to mention tuition reimbursement, holidays, vacation packages, and an excellent non-contributory profit sharing plan. Did we mention the competitive salaries and challenging work environment?
We are continuously seeking out qualified employees for exciting employment opportunities. Resumes for any position are always welcome, so please send your resume to careers@zcomm.
Participates in E-Verify
Junior Applications Engineer
Department: Sales & Marketing
Status: Full time
Reports To: Sr. Applications Manager
Purpose: Responsible for the sales and technical support of RF/Microwave components with emphasis on VCO and PLL modules, operating in the 0.1 to 15 GHz frequency range.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to ZCOMM customers which include:
- Determining which product will best fit the customers’ applications
- Drafting Custom Product Specifications (CPS) where an existing product will not meet customer requirements
- Working with ZCOMM engineering on the feasibility of custom products
- Provide application notes for supporting VCOs, PLLs, and other ZCOMM products.
- Communicate directly with customers to resolve technical issues which may include, but is not limited to, electrical and mechanical interface, soldering and manufacturing process, testing methods, and reliability and quality issues.
- Develop VCO and PLL reference designs and evaluation boards.
- Provide input to support marketing development of data sheets, press releases, and product selector guides.
- Support ZCOMM sales, marketing, and customer service personnel.
- Provide technical training to ZCOMM factory representatives.
Requirements / Required Skills:
- 1-2 years experience in the industry
- Excellent understanding of RF and microwave components
- Understanding of key industry markets: wireless base stations, test equipment, point-to-point/multipoint radio markets, and satcom
- Ability to travel possibly up to 50%
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical and business issues to a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and self-motivation
- Technical aptitude, resourcefulness, and desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy team environment
- Realistic, forward thinking, aggressive, can-do attitude and drive
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
>> back to top
Status: Full time
Purpose: To provide support to engineering staff for design, debugging, and troubleshooting RF components
- Associates degree in electronics or equivalent training/experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience testing and troubleshooting RF/Microwave components and subsystems.
- Skilled at operating Spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, Power meters, Signal generators, Frequency Counters, Power supplies, oscilloscope, Multimeter, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers and Windows based programs such as (Excel, Word & Exchange).
>> back to top